Accessible Version
Official Seal of the California Department of Education

CDE Attestation Form

Local Food for Schools Cooperative Agreement Program (LFS)

Nutrition Services Division

The California Department of Education (CDE) Nutrition Services Division (NSD) is administering the federal Local Food for Schools (LFS) funding for school food authorities (SFA). LFS funds are available to SFAs (including school districts, county offices of education, charter schools, private nonprofit schools, residential child care institutions, and tribal schools [such as those administered through the Bureau of Indian Education]) currently operating the National School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program for School Year 2022–23. SFAs that do not operate these Child Nutrition Programs are not eligible to receive LFS funds.
The intent of the LFS is to use the funds to increase purchasing of local, regional and California grown unprocessed or minimally processed foods by schools with an emphasis on purchasing from small or historically under served producers and processors to strengthen the food system by helping to build a fair, competitive, and resilient local food chain, and expand local and regional markets.
The CDE will be utilizing a sub-award process and will disburse the funds in two payments. The CDE will make an initial advance payment of 80 percent of the funding to each participating SFA after an opt-in period, with the remaining 20 percent of the funds to be distributed at the end of the performance period as a reimbursement payment. To ensure the goals and compliance requirements of the LFS are met, awardees will be required to provide the CDE with a copy of their procurement documents and established purchasing schedule, submit quarterly detailed progress and financial data reports on purchases and submit a final report to receive the final reimbursement payment.
This opportunity is made contingent upon the availability of funds. If the Legislature takes action to reduce or defer the funding upon which this opportunity is based, then this opportunity will be amended accordingly.
It is important to review the CDE NSD LFS Funding web page for more detailed information prior to completing this attestation statement.
The attestation statement must be completed by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Additional Information:

This attestation statement must be submitted by an authorized representative of the agency—the individual currently on file in the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS).

For questions about this funding or this attestation statement, please contact the CDE LFS Funds Team by email at

Once you begin the attestation statement, you can save and return to it at any time by selecting the
Save Responses button at the bottom of each page. You will be provided a unique URL (web address) for entrance back into the form. This URL is the ONLY way to access the saved form, so make sure you bookmark the page. All fields in the form must be completed unless noted otherwise.

Agency Information

 Please provide the required agency identification information below:
 If your agency business name is not listed, please review the following:

1. Are you searching for the correct agency business name? The dropdown list is organized by CNIPS sponsor name. Some SFAs may have a different common name than the business name they use in the CNIPS.

2. Have you entered the correct CNIPS Identification Number above? This will help us identify your agency.

If you have reviewed these steps, please enter your agency's business name below.